Terrence McNally Scholarship
(1) Applicants should identify as gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender or identify within the queer community.
(2) Applicants must be in their senior year of high school and reside in Bay County, Florida. Applicants must also be enrolled in an accredited institution.
(3) Applicants should have a proven and measurable record of community service and be able to convey it in their own words in written form, along with an academic record and/or record of community service. The Terrence McNally Scholarship Committee is mindful of the challenges of growing up queer in a high school environment, and encourages applicants to share information that will help us evaluate the content of their character and commitment to service.
(4) Applicants should be full-time students enrolled or enrolling in a full-time undergraduate program of studies, or a two year associate’s degree program, at an accredited college or university within the United States (including Hawaii, Alaska, and US territories).
(5) If selected as a recipient of the Terrence McNally Scholarship, applicants must maintain a GPA of at least 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) at their college or university of choice.
(6) Applicants with an interest in pursuing studies in the areas of linguistics, writing, language and the arts will be given preference.
English does not need to be the applicant’s first language.
(7) If selected as a recipient of the Terrence McNally Scholarship, applicants must commit to perform community service; engage in activism, outreach or volunteerism that impacts directly or indirectly upon the LGBTQ+ community, at a local, state or national level.
(8) If selected as a recipient of the Terrence McNally Scholarship, applicants must write an essay every semester for the benefit of the Terrence McNally Scholarship Foundation, attesting to the academic, community and/or personal successes reached by each individual recipient, as a result of the assistance received from the scholarship opportunity.
(1) Transcript (proof of enrollment)
(2) 2 Letters of Recommendation
(3) Personal Essay
DEADLINE is March 21st, 2022.